What is it?
The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser costs £5.50 for 50ml. Available from most online beauty retailers. You can also grab a tube from your local boots (if we are ever allowed out of the house again).
About the brand.
The Ordinary is the skincare brand that quite literally changed the beauty world forever.
As consumers, The Ordinary showed us that we could have proven, performing skin care ingredients that we didn’t need to take out a bank loan to purchase.
In addition, they explained what those ingredients did. They gave us the knowledge and information we desperately needed. We could now make much more informed purchasing decisions.
Whilst The Ordinary products are definitely cheap, do not let the price tag fool you. Some of their products outperform their high priced competitors, by a mile.
What does the brand have to say?
“A gentle cleansing product formulated to target makeup removal whilst leaving the skin feeling smooth and moisturized. The formula incorporates Squalane, alongside other lipophilic esters that are gentle, moisturizing, efficient in dissolving makeup and facial impurities, and increasing the spreadability of the product.”
What do you need to know?
- What is it used for: A facial cleanser and makeup remover including Squalane to seriously moisturise the skin as it removes all dirt and impurities.
- Consistency and Texture: This is a balm – to – oil cleanser. However, not a heavy oily-oil. None greasy is probably a better description! Once you add water the cleanser turns into a milky liquid and is easily removed without leaving any residue.
- Does it play nice with other products: Yep. No issues to report.
- Smelly?: Nope. Fragrance-free. Literally does not smell of anything.
- Non-Comedogenic?: It most certainly is. This cleanser will not clog your pores.
- Any Irritation?: None. No irritating ingredients included.
Who is it for?
- Suitable for all skin types
- Especially great for anyone with dry skin, due to the moisturising properties the cleanser contains
- Basically for anyone that needs to wash their face.
Is there a cheaper alternative?
Is it worth the money?
Yes, yes and yes again.
What do we think?
I bl*ody love this cleanser. It is so gentle and yet removed all of my makeup with ease. (I cannot comment on its effectiveness with waterproof makeup as I do not wear it).
It is also extremely Moisturising but not heavy and does not leave my skin feeling tight or stripped after use.
In addition, as I mentioned above it is not super oily. More a subtle, dewy sheen. I personally do not like oils as my skin will react however, I am happy to report that is not the case with The Ordinary Cleanser. It immediately emulsifies with water and can be rinsed away in seconds.
Another must-have product from The Ordinary Brand.
Apply to a dry face and try to spend some time really massaging the cleanser into your skin. If you have the time, spend a minute working the cleanser in and massaging. Not only does it feel great, but it also gives your skin and pores a good deep clean.
To stay up to date with all the 2 minutes read reviews, sign up for my newsletter over on the homepage.
If this cleanser does not sound like it’s the one for you, don’t worry. I have another 2-minute read review here you may be interested in.
If you have any questions or fancy a chat you can contact me here: [email protected].
Have a lovely day.