What is it?
Fake tan/serum hybrid. This is predominantly a hyaluronic serum with a touch of self-tanner thrown in. Priced at £35.00 for a 30ml bottle. Grab yours via the link below.
About the brand.
Tan-Luxe makes some fantastic self tanner products.
With so many other fake tans to choose from, what’s special about this one?
Well let me explain ……………
Tan-Luxe approaches its products with skincare in mind. First and foremost, they provide products that have skin benefitting ingredients. Their focus is on the skin, the self-tanner bit comes after, and it shows.
Each of their products does not contain any ‘toxic’ ingredients and they are cruelty-free.
What does the brand have to say?
“Super Glow combines both a high weight Hyaluronic Acid & extremely low molecular weight Sodium Hyaluronate to achieve hydration binding across multiple layers of the skin. This enables multi-level, lasting hydration & minimises trans-epidermal water loss, resulting in a dewier, plumper look & feel to the skin.”
“With just the right percentage of tanning actives (4% DHA) for daily use- derived from exclusive organic rapeseed oil grown in France- plus 7 anti-oxidant rich superfoods.”
What do you need to know?
- What is it used for: This is a hyaluronic acid serum which also provides you with a touch of color that is buildable if used daily.
- Consistency and Texture: Ever so slightly oily, lightweight consistency that soaks into the skin quickly.
- Does it play nice with other products: Yep. No issues to report and as usual, I have road-tested with a variety of products, in a variety of ways.
- Smelly?: It contains fragrance, does not smell at all of fake tan. However, the fragrance included may cause irritation for some.
- Non-Comedogenic?: Nope, this product includes a few ingredients that may clog your pores.
- Any Irritation?: This serum contains fragrance and silicone which some may find irritating.
Who is it for?
- Suitable for most skin types. Sensitive or acne-prone skin types should avoid due to the included fragrance and potentially pore-clogging ingredients.
- For anyone in search of a good hyaluronic serum.
- Basically for anyone who wants a multitasker. This serum will hydrate, plump, and give you a tad of natural color.
Is there a cheaper alternative?
There are cheaper facial tanners on the market, as there are cheaper hyaluronic serums. However, I have not found any other product that provides both as well as The Tan-Luxe super glow serum does.
Is it worth the money?
If you are in the market for a good Hyaluronic serum and would enjoy the added benefit of a bit of a tan then this is worth your money.
What do we think?
I have used the Tan-Luxe super glow on and off, for about a year now. I like the consistency and the natural bit of color it provides.
In addition, this is a fantastic Hyaluronic serum in its own right. I found it extremely hydrating and it slotted nicely into my skincare regime.
However, due to the addition of fragrance (which is completely understandable, nobody wants to smell like soggy biscuits) For me personally I can only use it occasionally to avoid irritation.
Therefore, this is a wonderful serum for anyone that does not suffer from sensitive skin. For those of us that do, I have found a fantastic alternative which you can find here!
The Tan-Luxe Hyaluronic Self-tanner can be used as it is, or you can mix it with your favorite moisturiser or serum. I personally use it in the evening under my moisturiser, and wake to a natural healthy glow.
To stay up to date with all the 2 minutes read reviews, sign up for my newsletter over on the homepage.
If you have any questions or fancy a chat you can contact me here: email@example.com.
Have a lovely day.