What is it?
The Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex 2 is an anti-aging serum. With 9 bottles of the stuff selling EVERY minute! Priced at £58.00 for a 30ml bottle. You can grab yours from most online retailers, your local Boots, or via the link below.
About the brand.
Estee Lauder has been around forever. Since 1946 if we are being precise.
You have been living under a rock if you have never heard of the brand, with beauty counters in 150 different countries, they are hard to miss.
Fun Fact, Estee Lauder created the first-ever serum. They were the first brand to understand that skin repairs itself most overnight and the first brand to use brown containers for their products to protect the ingredients from sun exposure.
With years and years of experience, it is safe to say, they know what they are doing.
What does the brand have to say?
“A powerful serum for radiant, youthful-looking skin. Instantly adds radiance. Intensely hydrates.”
“Advanced Night Repair reduces the look of key signs of aging.
It enhances the power of the skin’s natural nighttime renewal with our exclusive ChronoluxCB™ Technology. It also includes Hyaluronic Acid, nature’s “moisture magnet” to help lock in moisture.”
“The appearance of lines and wrinkles look reduced and skin tone appears more even, for younger-looking skin.”
“Skin feels smoother hydrated, stronger – 82% of women felt their skin was immediately hydrated.”
“Wake up to skin that looks radiant, fresher, more rested.”
What do you need to know?
- What is it used for: Although the serum is called ‘advanced night repair’ it can be used both morning and night. This serum was developed to help our skin repair, thanks to the secret weapon ‘ChronoluxCB’. In addition, the added Hyaluronic acid helps to hydrate and plump.
- Consistency and Texture: Very light, with a slightly viscous consistency. It is easily applied and soaks into the skin relatively quickly (needs a few minutes before you apply any other products).
- Does it play nice with other products: Absolutely. I have used it for years and have not had any issues.
- Smelly?: It has a slight ‘clean’ scent to it that is not overpowering (I personally like it) The scent is natural as this product is fragrance-free.
- Non-Comedogenic?: So, the brand claims that the serum is Non-Comedogenic however, it does contain a couple of ingredients that ‘may’ still clog pores. Therefore if you suffer from acne, I would trial first just to be sure.
- Any Irritation?: Nope. Nothing irritating in the ingredients list.
Who is it for?
- Suitable for all skin types, however, acne sufferers should try a sample first.
- For anyone who is looking for a good ‘all-rounder’
- Basically for anyone who wants a multitasker. This serum will hydrate, plump, and help your skin repair whilst you sleep.
Is there a cheaper alternative?
This is a tricky question. There are many other fantastic serums on the market. It depends on what you are after. Are there other products in the same genre that perform as good as this? I do not think so. I have tried the ‘dupe’ by Missha and I personally do not think it compares.
Is it worth the money?
It is not cheap and there are more affordable serums on the market however, I personally believe it is worth every penny. My advice would be to get a sample, and try before you buy.
What do we think?
I have used the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair for years and it has a very specific place within my skincare stash.
If I have overdone it with acids or retinol, out comes the Advanced Night Repair Serum. If I have been using a skincare product that has caused some irritation, out comes the Advanced Night Repair Serum. If my skin just needs a bit of love, out comes the Advanced Night Repair Serum.
It is a serum like no other in my opinion. When my skin isn’t happy, this is the serum I trust to perk up my complexion.
I find it hydrating and plumping whilst also soothing. It is like a comfort blanket for my skin.
You can mix a bit of the Repair serum in with your moisturiser for a dewy base. Or add a couple of drops on the high points of your face for a dewy highlight.
To stay up to date with all the 2 minutes read reviews, sign up for my newsletter over on the homepage.
If this serum does not sound like it’s the one for you, don’t worry. I have another 2-minute read review here you may be interested in.
If you have any questions or fancy a chat you can contact me here: [email protected].
Have a lovely day.