What is it?
The Ordinary Natural Moisturising factors moisturiser mimics our own natural moisture to provide our complexion with exactly what it needs. Priced at £4.90 for a 30ml tube. Grab yours via the link below.
About the brand.
The Ordinary is the skincare brand that quite literally changed the beauty world forever.
As consumers, The Ordinary showed us that we could have proven, performing skin care ingredients that we didn’t need to take out a bank loan to purchase.
In addition, they explained what those ingredients did. They gave us the knowledge and information we desperately needed. We could now make much more informed purchasing decisions.
Whilst The Ordinary products are definitely cheap, do not let the price tag fool you. Some of their products outperform their high priced competitors, by a mile.
What does the brand have to say?
“Natural Moisturizing Factors (NMF) are elements that keep the outer layer of the skin protected and well-hydrated. NMF are made up of multiple amino acids, fatty acids, triglycerides, urea, ceramides, phospholipids, glycerin, saccharides, sodium PCA, hyaluronic acid, and many other compounds that are naturally present in the skin.”
“This formula offers non-greasy hydration that acts as a direct topical supplement of impaired NMF components. It contains 11 amino acids, phospholipids, alpha/beta/gamma fatty acids, triglycerides, sterols and sterol esters, glycerin, ceramide precursors, urea, saccharides, sodium PCA, and hyaluronic acid. It offers immediate hydration and lasting results with continued use.”
What do you need to know?
- What is it used for: This moisturiser can be used morning and evening to give your complexion a gentle hit of hydration.
- Consistency and Texture: The Natural Moisturising Factors (NMF) is not thick, but it isn’t lightweight either. It slots somewhere in the middle. White in colour, it takes a little work to massage into the skin. This is not a greasy formula and does not feel heavy.
- Does it play nice with other products: Yes. It is the perfect base for makeup and does not ‘pill’ or ‘ball up’.
- Smelly?: Nope. Fragrance-free. It just does not smell of anything.
- Non-Comedogenic?: It most certainly is. This moisturiser will not clog your pores.
- Any Irritation?: Nope. Not a bit.
Who is it for?
- Suitable for all skin types
- Particularly great for anyone suffering from dry or dehydrated skin.
- For anyone that wants a good product at a really good price.
Is there a cheaper alternative?
Is it worth the money?
Yes, yes and yes again.
What do we think?
We like it. We like it a lot.
This moisturiser is always in my skincare rotation.
I use it regularly, however, it especially becomes useful when my skin is having a hissy fit.
Retinols, acids, introducing new skincare ingredients. These are all factors that can play havoc with your skin barrier.
More often than not, if your own skin is having some form of breakdown it will be due to your skin barrier being compromised.
When I get to this stage, I remove active ingredients such as acids, vitamin C, etc, from my skincare routine and go back to basics.
This moisturiser is a security blanket for my skin. It never fails me .
It hydrates and plumps, without feeling heavy or greasy. My skin literally drinks the stuff up.
In addition, let’s not forget that this bad boy costs less than a fiver!?
Buy it. Buy it now!
I pop a blob of this moisturiser on my hand and warm with my fingers before I apply it. This really helps with application and it will sink into your skin beautifully.
To stay up to date with all the 2 minutes read reviews, sign up for my newsletter over on the homepage.
If this does not sound like it’s the one for you, don’t worry. I have another 2-minute read review here you may be interested in.
If you have any questions or fancy a chat you can contact me here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a lovely day.