What is it?
The SkinCeuticals HA Intensifier is a Hyaluronic Acid serum, boasting 10% hyaluronic acid, Purple Rice, and Licorice Root. Priced at £90.00 for a 30ml bottle. Grab yours via the link below.
About the brand.
I love the SkinCeuticals brand.
They are a science-based skincare brand that focuses on research and innovation.
Taken directly from the website, SkinCeuticals philosophy centers around three principles:
“Prevent. Correct. Protect. These principles work synergistically to provide healthier-looking skin, in an optimal anti-ageing skincare programme.”
Whilst the brand’s products are not cheap, you are ultimately paying for the science, research, and superior ingredients and compounds.
What does the brand have to say?
“Formulated with a high concentration of Hyaluronic Acid (HA), Proxylane™, and Botanical Extracts of Purple Rice and Licorice Root, H.A. Intensifier is a corrective serum clinically proven to restore plumpness, elasticity, and firmness in the skin by helping to support skin’s Hyaluronic Acid levels.”
“This new serum effectively delivers surface hydration to the skin, whilst improving the appearance of crow’s feet area, nasolabial folds and marionette lines for a more refined complexion.”
What do you need to know?
- What is it used for: A hydrating serum to be applied immediately after cleansing and before moisturiser.
- Consistency and Texture: Super lightweight, none sticky, glides over the skin like a dream. It does not leave a sticky film or any residue once it has dried down.
- Does it play nice with other products: Absolutely.
- Smelly?: Nope. Doesn’t really smell of anything.
- Non-Comedogenic?: Correct. This serum will not clog your pores.
- Likely to irritate?: Unfortunately, yes. The HA Intensifier contains Alcohol as number 4 on its ingredients list (the higher up the ingredients list, the more concentrated the amount) Therefore this serum has A LOT of alcohol in it.
Who is it for?
- Not suitable for sensitive skins
- For anyone who is looking for a good dose of hydration at a high level
- For anyone that does not experience any skin reaction when using skincare containing alcohol.
Is there a cheaper alternative?
Absolutely. Linked below.
Is it worth the money?
In my opinion, no.
What do we think?
This is a good Hyaluronic acid. It has a luxurious feel as you blend the product over the skin. The consistency is very similar to Estee Lauder ANR.
It has a slight purple tinge in color which is rather fun and obviously down to the Purple Rice. It leaves a slightly tacky feel once dried down which disappears once you apply your moisturiser.
I like the SkinCeuticals HA serum, but I do not love it. I have used other Hyaluronic serums that have performed better and at a much smaller price point.
In addition, the high alcohol content is a major turn off.
Whilst I adore SkinCeuticals, this particular product is not for me.
Save your cash and take a look at this hyaluronic acid serum instead.
To stay up to date with all the 2 minutes read reviews, sign up for my newsletter over on the homepage.
If this hyaluronic serum does not sound like it’s the one for you, don’t worry. I have another 2-minute read review here you may be interested in.
If you have any questions or fancy a chat you can contact me here: [email protected].
Have a lovely day.