Fake it till you make it baby!
What is it?
The Drunk Elephant D Bronzi Sunshine Drops provide a temporary sunkissed glow. Mix with your moisturiser and apply as normal. Priced at £30.00 for a 30ml tube. Grab yours via the link below.
About the brand.
Drunk Elephant is a brand that focuses purely on skin benefiting ingredients. If an ingredient does not benefit the skin in some way, you will not find it added to a Drunk Elephant product.
Basically, they put the good stuff in, and leave the bad stuff out.
They beleive the bad stuff is ‘the suspicious 6’:
- Essential Oils
- Drying Alcohols
- Chemical Sunscreens
Drunk Elephant believes that ‘the suspicious 6’ are at the root of all skin issues.
What does the brand have to say?
“Like sunshine’s bronzy color, delivered without the damage. A chronopeptide that mimics the antioxidant benefits of vitamin D, omega-rich virgin marula and black currant seed oils, along with vitamin F (fatty acids), immediately replenish the delicate balance that supports a healthy barrier function of skin, while a concentrated mix of protective antioxidants boosts skin’s defenses against pollution and environmental stressors… all delivered with a bronzy finish.”
What do you need to know?
- What is it used for: To provide the skin with a natural bit of color. However, this is not your regular fake tan. It is also a fantastic antioxidant-packed product full of skin-loving ingredients to protect your skin from pollution, whilst giving you a believable sunkissed glow.
- Consistency and Texture: This product has a serum-like consistency that is easy to mix with your chosen moisturiser.
- Does it play nice with other products: Definitely. I have road-tested with a variety of different moisturisers and have not found any issues.
- Smelly?: Nope. Fragrance-free. Literally does not smell of anything.
- Non-Comedogenic?: It most certainly is. This product will not clog your pores.
- Any Irritation?: Not a bean. No irritating ingredients included.
Who is it for?
- Suitable for all skin types
- The pastier, the better
- Basically for anyone who wants a healthy tan, minus the worry of skin cancer and aging!
Is there a cheaper alternative?
The only product similar to this would be the Clinique Bronze Gelee priced at £24.50. However, having used both, I believe the Drunk Elephant D Bronzi is better. The ‘bronzed’ effect is more believable and the addition of antioxidants is well worth another fiver.
Is it worth the money?
Absolutely. You only need to use a tiny bit so the tube will last forever.
What do we think?
I am getting on a bit now and gone are the days when I would spend hours on end worshipping the sun. Not only because clearly, I would rather not have to deal with skin cancer, but also because the sun may give us a nice tan, but boy do we pay for it in later life. AKA, pigmentation, and wrinkles galore.
The Drunk Elephant D Bronzi is the answer to all my prayers. It is just so natural, gives a believable sunkissed glow, and provides my skin with a truck-load of antioxidants too.
In addition, it is easy to use and makes my skin feel super soft.
If you have been on the look out for sunshine in a bottle, you found it.
Use one squirt mixed into your moisturiser and then blend across your face using your fingertips. I like to stick to the parts of my face that would usually catch the sun i.e: cheeks, nose, and forehead. This gives a much more natural, I have just arrived from a day on the beach, kinda look.
To stay up to date with all the 2 minutes read reviews, sign up for my newsletter over on the homepage.
If this fake tan hybrid does not sound like it’s the one for you, don’t worry. I have another 2-minute read review here you may be interested in.
If you have any questions or fancy a chat you can contact me here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a lovely day.