It’s that time of year again when we, bargain hunters, roll up our sleeves, ready for a fight over a TV in Asda (jokes) Honestly. Do you really need a 10% discount on a TV that bad, you are willing to fight over it!?
Anyway, it’s not the electrical department where my focus lies, but the beauty department, of course. (Online obviously, because lockdown!)
Whilst the Black Friday sales usually span over a long weekend, this year we are seeing sales start even earlier. It is 2020 after all, there are no rules this year. Thanks, covid.
However, we cannot enter Black Friday blindly. We need an action plan. Otherwise, we are likely to walk away with not only your beauty bits but also, a bread maker, a sheepskin rug, and a monkey. None of which you actually need.
The thing is, sales seem to bring out another side to us. We get wrapped up in the excitement of saving a few quid, that we seem to lose all of our common sense.
Therefore, for the last few years (after learning my lesson after trying to explain why I felt it would be a good idea to buy a monkey), I have become a savvy sales shopper.
Below, I share my tips, and the beauty products I will be going after in the sales.
It is absolutely imperative that you enter the sales with a clear plan.
The best way to do this is to compile a list.
Now I love a list. I literally have lists for everything.
Here is how I compile my Black Friday list:
- I look through my stash. What am I running low on, that I absolutely cannot live without? What is worthy of a repurchase? Get them added to the list. Stock up if you can.
- What beauty products have I been coveting? Not something I noticed a week ago and thought it looked alright. You know the ones. The products you have been drooling over for months, but couldn’t justify the purchase? Add those bad boys to the list.
- Gifts. Do you need to purchase any? If so add those to the list too.
Now for the most important part, DO NOT DEVIATE! You may think a bread maker would be useful but take it from me, it will sit in a cupboard for years, collecting dust!
Do Your Research!
With sales, come lots of excitable people. All wanting to grab a bargain themselves (revert back to my point regarding the TV) You may have a virtual fight on your hands, so be prepared. Sales sell out fast!
We need to get ahead of the game.
Research who stocks the items on your list. If a few vendors do, excellent, gives you a few options. Make a note of the vendors.
Next, do some good old googling to ascertain when the vendors Black Friday sales go live. You can often find the answer. Make a note of this too.
You could delve deeper and find out which vendors have better deals. This way you know which site to head to first.
Now, this may all seem a little overkill but I promise you, you will get the most out of the Black Friday sales by following these steps.
My Black Friday Picks.
So, we have our game plan, but what items are on my list? Some absolute corkers I tell you!
First things first. I need to replenish my staples. The products that make me cry when they run out. The beauties I cannot live without.
- Estee Lauder Advanced night repair – My absolute holy grail. It does everything I need it to and then some. Providing 72 hours of hydration and a plumped and radiant complexion? It’s a no-brainer.
- Allies of Skin Peptides and antioxidant Firming daily treatment – we all know I love the brand and this product is by far my favorite from them. In fact, I would go as far as saying, it is my favorite product of all time. It makes my skin literally glow. I find it to be exceptional at Firming too. Desert island pick for sure. You can find my full review here.
- Augustinus Bader The Cleansing Balm – This is a relatively new addition to my routine, but one I can no longer live without. Who knew a cleanser could literally transform your skin. Featuring the good doctors’ TFC8 complex, It creates a bright and healthy complexion. Never stripping or drying. The ultimate cleansing balm.
My Lust list is definitely centered around pampering this year. Hello Lockdown! I am enjoying relaxing baths and sensorial experiences, so much more.
In addition, my lust list was extremely difficult to narrow down, due to the fact that I basically want everything.
However, I put on my big girl pants, got sensible, and added the following:
- L’Occcitane bath and body set – I am not particularly bothered about which scent. Would be happy with any. L’Occitane is a brand I am yet to try, but I have heard so many great things.
- Overose candle – I already have a couple and I absolutely need another one. The scent is so unique and truly transportive. Also, with a burn time of 60 hours, they seriously last.
- Dr. Levy Holiday Set – This will be the most spendy purchase but absolutely worth it. I have the Cell Matrix Repair mask which I absolutely love and am therefore Keen to try more from the brand. In addition, Dr. Levy has pledged that for any holiday set sold, they will donate one to a women’s shelter. An absolutely wonderful initiative that I am more than happy to support.
There you have it.
I absolutely cannot wait to get my greedy hands on it.
I am also rather proud of myself for narrowing down my original list which had a good 50 products on there!
I haven’t included my list of gifts as friends and family read the blog, and I don’t want to give anything away!
Create a list, do not deviate. Do your research first.
(I will do a more in-depth review on my skincare Staples soon. Watch this space! For more of my ramblings you can see my last post here.)