What is it?
An antioxidant serum. Priced at £6.90 for a 30ml bottle. You can grab yours via the link below.
About the brand.
The Ordinary is the skincare brand that quite literally changed the beauty world forever.
As consumers, The Ordinary showed us that we could have proven, performing skin care ingredients that we didn’t need to take out a bank loan to purchase.
In addition, they explained what those ingredients did. They gave us the knowledge and information we desperately needed. We could now make much more informed purchasing decisions.
Whilst The Ordinary products are definitely cheap, do not let the price tag fool you. Some of their products outperform their high priced competitors, by a mile.
What does the brand have to say?
“EUK-134™ is a mimetic of superoxide dismutase and catalase, forming an exceptionally rare self-regenerating molecule that scavenges superoxide free radicals, eliminates hydrogen peroxide and converts reactive oxygen species into water and oxygen.”
“While it has been around for many years, very few products on the market do use this truly superb antioxidant which can regenerate itself to offer round-the-clock antioxidant support.”
What do you need to know?
- What is it used for: An antioxidant serum that protects the skin from pollution and other external aggressors. In addition, it helps to reduce the appearance of redness and UV damage such as pigmentation and dark spots.
- Consistency and Texture: This is a brown watery liquid that feels like a mix of water and oil. Super lightweight.
- Does it play nice with other products: Yes. I have not experienced any issues.
- Smelly?: Nope. It does not smell of anything.
- Non-Comedogenic?: Yes! This serum will not clog your pores.
- Any Irritation?: The serum does not contain any known irritants.
Who is it for?
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Anyone suffering from pigmentation or dark spots.
- Anyone looking to add an antioxidant serum into their skincare routine.
Is there a cheaper alternative?
Is it worth the money?
What do we think?
If I had to describe this serum in one word it would be ‘Interesting’.
Firstly it is a brown watery liquid. I found this very off-putting!
Secondly, the website states that this is an oil-free serum, and yet it feels very much like an oil. I found this confusing.
Thirdly, when you massage this brown liquid into your skin it starts to warm up. I found this rather odd.
Should you purchase this Brown, oil that isn’t an oil, that acts as a facial radiator? Yes, you absolutely should.
You need to purchase it immediately!
Even though I was extremely confused by this serum, I put aside my confusion and applied a light layer. It soaked into the skin quite quickly and did not leave behind any greasy residue.
After leaving the serum to settle for a couple of minutes, I continued with the rest of my skincare routine and went about my day.
A few days later, I noticed that my skin tone was much more even and I had genuinely started to enjoy using this product. So much so, that my usual antioxidant serums were feeling a little bit left out as it was The Ordinary EUK I continued to reach for each morning.
If you fancy trying something a little bit different and are in the market for an antioxidant serum, I highly recommend this one.
To stay up to date with all the 2 minutes read reviews, sign up for my newsletter over on the homepage.
If this does not sound like it’s the one for you, don’t worry. I have another 2-minute read review here you may be interested in.
If you have any questions or fancy a chat you can contact me here: email@example.com.
Have a lovely day.