What is it?
The Inkey list caffeine eye cream costs £8.99 for a 15ml tube. Available from most online beauty retailers. You can also grab a tube from your local boots (if we are ever allowed out of the house again).
About the brand.
Similar to The Ordinary, The Inkey List is all about simplifying skincare and saying how it is. A brand after my own heart!
Providing us the consumer with good quality skincare ingredients at affordable prices.
Whilst the brand’s ethos is almost identical to that of The Ordinary’s. The products themselves differ. With different textures, formulations, and consistencies.
In addition, the brand prides itself on being customer-focused. When they launched in 2018, they did so with the hope of helping to eradicate all the confusion around skincare. Thank god because skincare is so bl*ody confusing.
What does the brand have to say?
“THE INKEY LIST’s Caffeine Serum harnesses the anti-inflammatory, antioxidant powers of coffee to bring them to your skin. Soothing and protecting this delicate area of your face, Caffeine Serum helps to reduce puffiness, minimise dark circles, and prevent the skin damage that can be caused by free radicals.”
What do you need to know?
- What is it used for: Brighten the eye area with the Inkey list eye cream thanks to the star player, Caffeine. Also included are peptides and Matrixyl 3000 to boost collagen.
- Consistency and texture: The eye cream is not a cream, it is a serum. It is light and silky and blends into the skin with ease.
- Does it play nice with other products: It is very friendly with other products and sits beautifully under makeup.
- Smelly?: Nope. Fragrance-free. Literally does not smell of anything.
- Non-Comedogenic?: Nope. This does contain a few ingredients that could clog your pores. However, I don’t know many people who suffer from clogged pores around their eyes so as long as you don’t smear it all over your face, you are good.
- Any Irritation?: It does not contain any known irritants. This did not cause any irritation for me and I have super sensitive skin.
Who is it for?
- Suitable for all skin types
- For anyone who suffers with dark circles and puffy eyes.
- Basically for anyone that wants to look like they got some sleep, when they absolutely did not (most of us then).
Is there a cheaper alternative?
Is it worth the money?
Yes, yes and yes again.
What do we think?
The Inkey List Caffeine eye cream is one of my favorite eye creams. (In case you had not already gathered).
Whilst the consistency is more like a serum than it is a cream, I still find it super moisturising and hydrating.
I have not seen any reduction in fine lines however, this eye cream definitely helps brighten my eye area and reduces the morning puffiness I often experience through lack of sleep.
Not only is the Caffeine eye cream fantastic for the price, but it is also much better than a lot of its competitors. In my humble opinion anyway!
Pop in the fridge for half an hour prior to use for a cooling effect. Great for anyone who suffers from puffy eyes.
To stay up to date with all the 2 minute read reviews, sign up for my newsletter over on the homepage.
If this eye cream does not sound like it’s the one for you, don’t worry. I have another 2-minute read review here you may be interested in.
If you have any questions or fancy a chat you can contact me here: email@example.com.
Have a lovely day.