What is it?
The Fresh Black Tea Kombucha Facial treatment essence is an extra step in your skincare routine to provide additional skincare benefits. Priced at £28.00 for a 50ml bottle. You can buy it from most department stores and online beauty retailers or via the link below.
About the brand.
Fresh is a natural skincare brand that launched in Boston, America in 1991.
The brand has managed to find the perfect balance between time-honored rituals, and science-based research.
This means you are getting high performing products, minus all the chemicals.
A fantastic brand for anyone interested in a natural skincare approach.
What does the brand have to say?
“This liquid treatment provides protection from indoor and outdoor pollution, plus digital light, while increasing smoothness, luminosity, and suppleness.”
” It also minimises the look of pores and fine lines, hydrates, and preps for the next steps. The star is kombucha, fermented black tea rich in antioxidants.”
What do you need to know?
- What is it used for: A treatment essence is an additional layer in your skincare routine to give your complexion even more skin-loving ingredients. The Fresh Black Tea is an antioxidant-packed essence that protects the skin whilst providing extra hydration.
- Consistency and Texture: It is basically like a watered-down serum. Super lightweight, soft, and easy to apply. Your skin just drinks it in.
- Does it play nice with other products: Absolutely. No issues to report. If anything, I find it enhances my other skincare products.
- Smelly?: It does have a scent, smells slightly sweet but nothing offensive.
- Non-Comedogenic?: It most certainly is. This treatment essence will not clog your pores.
- Any Irritation?: This product does contain a little fragrance, it is a small quantity but may still cause some irritation for anyone with sensitive skin. However, I have not experienced any irritation and I have super sensitive skin.
Who is it for?
- Suitable for all skin types. Sensitive skins, be wary
- Great for anyone wanting to add additional antioxidants or hydration into their skincare routine.
Is there a cheaper alternative?
There are other treatment essences on the market from the likes of Cosrx, however, not in the same league as the Fresh Black Tea Treatment Essence.
Is it worth the money?
Definitely. It is a product you do not realise you need, until you try it.
What do we think?
I do not have the time to be applying layer after layer of skincare. Therefore I have never taken much interest in facial essences. I naively believed that they were just an additional step I absolutely did not need.
I have tried one from Corsx before and whilst it was ok, it was nothing to write home about.
Anyway, I was feeling a bit spendy a while ago and decided to try a few different products from Fresh and this treatment essence took my fancy.
Well, I am a convert! The difference it makes to my skin is quite amazing. I notice a difference now when I skip this step. I find it super hydrating and seriously plumping.
In addition, It takes seconds to dab onto the skin so really doesn’t extend my skincare routine any.
If you are thinking about a facial essence I highly recommend the Black Tea Treatment Essence from Fresh.
Apply a few drops all over the face and neck, prior to serums. Apply serums directly after whilst the face is still damp to create an antioxidant-rich ‘hydration sandwich’. Then go about your day whilst enjoying your plump, hydrated complexion.
To stay up to date with all the 2 minutes read reviews, sign up for my newsletter over on the homepage.
If this does not sound like it’s the one for you, don’t worry. I have another 2-minute read review here you may be interested in.
If you have any questions or fancy a chat you can contact me here: [email protected].
Have a lovely day.