What is it?
The Anew skin reset plumping shots are a 7-day treatment that comes with a very bold claim indeed. What is this bold claim I hear you ask? Well, they claim to restore 7 years of lost collagen in just 7 days. I know, right!? Priced at £18.00 for the 7-day treatment, it’s a bloody bargain.
About the brand.
I have a few surprises in store for you in this review, the first one being the brand.
When I think of cutting edge science in skincare, I would never think ‘ah yes, must be Avon’
However, Avon are the owners of this promising treatment!
I am sure you have all heard of Avon before. Our mum would often get a little brochure and order a few lipsticks and bath products. However, it seems Avon has progressed somewhat significantly over the years.
With huge research projects and trials into new skincare ingredients, with a variety of their products winning awards, maybe we shouldn’t write them off as a brand our mum’s like to purchase lipsticks from?
What does the brand have to say?
“Help restore 7 years of collagen loss in 7 days with our breakthrough Anew Skin Reset Plumping Shots. Our exclusive patented Protinol™ Technology increases the production of collagen III: the secret to baby skin. “
What do you need to know?
- What is it used for: To aid in restoring a more plump and youthful complexion.
- Key ingredients: The stand out ingredient here is the patented Protinol technology which is the collagen restoring key player. Avon state that this ingredient has a similar effect on the skin as retinol, minus the irritation.
- Consistency and Texture: Very lightweight and easily absorbed. Does not leave behind any sticky residue.
- Does it play nice with other products: Absolutely. I have used the treatment with a variety of product combinations and did not encounter any issues.
- Smelly?: Nope, I did not notice any scent at all.
- Non-Comedogenic?: ???*
- Any Irritation?: I have extremely sensitive skin and did not experience any irritation.
- Packaging: Super cute. Each day’s treatment is in its own little vial.
Who is it for?
- For anyone who is the wrong side of 30!
Is there a cheaper alternative?
No, this treatment is owned and produced by Avon. There is nothing else like it on the market.
Is it worth the money?
What do we think?
Whilst I have seen so many outlandish claims over the years within the beauty industry, the claim that comes with these little topical shots has to be one of the boldest.
Can a topical treatment really restore 7 years’ worth of lost collagen in just one week!?
The sensible side of my brain knew this couldn’t possibly be the case, but I was extremely intrigued none the less.
For less than 20 quid, it was worth a shot (excuse the pun!)
Well, I have to say, I am impressed.
The vials are fun, easy to use, and worked well in conjunction with my existing skincare routine.
Surprisingly, I noticed a difference after just one use. I woke to fresh, plumped, juicy skin. Could it be that the claims were actually correct? Have I found the fountain of youth!?
However, after completion of the treatment, my complexion had significantly improved. It looked more youthful and bright. I definitely had a more plumped appearance.
I have not recovered 7 years’ worth of lost collagen, but I am extremely impressed with the results.
If you struggle with the side effects of retinol I would highly recommend you give this treatment a try. You will not be disappointed.
You can grab yours here.
** Disclaimer, I cannot find a full ingredients list for this product. Maybe that’s down to me being a bit dippy, however, it is very well hidden!**
To stay up to date with all the 2 minutes read reviews, sign up for my newsletter over on the homepage.
If this does not sound like it’s the one for you, don’t worry. I have another 2-minute read review here you may be interested in.
If you have any questions or fancy a chat you can contact me here: email@example.com.
Have a lovely day.